Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Lynda.com?
Lynda.com is a leading online learning platform that helps anyone learn business, software, technology, an creative kills to achieve personal and professional goals. Top quality video tutorials are taught by recognized industry experts and lessons are for all skill levels.
Look for Lynda.com on our website under the Resources tab, select Databases, then scroll down to the bottom of the page for Lynda. Log in with your Northfield Public Library Card and PIN number, create your account, and you're ready to start learning!
- How to use Lynda.com
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What are playlists? Playlists are a great way for you to organize your interests within Lynda. You can add a course to your playlist by hovering over a specific course and selecting the plus sign at the right hand side of the course screen.
- How can I specify my interests? Hover over "Hi, (your name)" on the top right hand side of the page, select "My Profile", select "My Interests", check all boxes that apply to your interests, and select "Save Changes" at bottom of the page. You can always add and remove any interests by checking and unchecking a box on the "My Interests" page.
- What is the bookmark feature? This allows you to mark certain parts of videos that you can pinpoint specific course chapters or info you want to look at in the future. Once you are on a course page that you want, select the Content tab on the left hand side of the page, click the Bookmark icon next to the chapter or info you want to bookmark
- How do I find saved bookmarks? Select "Hi, (your name)" at the top right hand side of the page, select "Bookmarks", then select the video title to view.