The Northfield Public Library has a wide variety of technology for you to use and staff who are willing to answer any questions you may have. Your library card in good standing is required, otherwise everything is free to use.
We currently offer:
- 12 Internet computers with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office software.
- Wireless printing from your device. Get started here.
- A Create.Learn.Digitize station, which includes 2 monitors and a suite of high-end, professional software. See more information here.
- 2 external DVD drives for patrons that want to view a disk on our computers
- Free Wifi throughout the building named "Northfield Guest"
- Free Scanning and Faxing
- Printing and Photocopying--Copies cost $0.15/page for B&W; $1.00/page for color.
- E-books and e-audiobook collections through Overdrive, the Libby app, and Ebooks Minnesota, and streaming movie access through Kanopy. See our E-Library page here.
- An Epson 2255U multimedia projector for checkout, including remote and HDMI and VGA cables.
- Current library card with fines under $10.00 is required
- $50.00 deposit required--If all equipment is returned on time and in good condition, deposit will be returned.
- Due back by noon on 2nd library business day
- Reserve the projector at the reference desk upstairs, or call 507-645-1802 to reserve by phone.